Imagine donuts… minus the carbs? Yep! You’ll take one bite, maybe even feel a little guilty because they are so close to the real ones then… realize it’s only 3g net carbs. Enjoy.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Swerve or Granulated Erythritol
- 1 tbsp Milk or Water
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 bag Cinnamon Bun Cereal
- 1/3 cup Roasted Pecan Pieces
- Heat oven to 375°f and coat a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the cereal and pecans to a food processor and pulse until the mixture is a rough crumble. Set aside.
- Microwave 3 tbsp butter in a small heat-safe dish for 30 seconds, then set aside.
- Whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, ground flax, xanthan gum, and cinnamon together until the mixture is distributed evenly.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, apple cider vinegar, and water just until frothy. Add the sweetener and melted butter and whisk to combine-about 1 minute.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. The batter will be thick and a bit sticky!
- To fill the donut pan, sprinkle some of the crumble mixture into each donut well. Scoop the batter into a large plastic bag or piping bag and cut the tip at about 1 inch to pipe the batter directly into the wells. Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Once cool, remove the donuts and top with icing (optional).
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Donut
Net Carbs: 3g