For nights when you’re craving "Crispy Chicken" that’s actually healthier and stuffed with cheesy goodness 😋. Yum. No bread crumbs and only 2g net carbs.
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1 mozzarella cheese stick, sliced lengthwise into four pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, or more if needed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 bags Schoolyard Snacks Cheddar Puffs
- Salt, to taste
- 1 qt vegetable oil, for frying
- In a food processor, pulse the cheddar puffs until they are a fine dust. Set up a dredging station with a separate bowl for the beaten egg, coconut flour, and puff dust.
- Using a sharp knife, slice a pocket into the edge of each chicken tenderloin. Be careful not to cut completely through to the outer edge.
- Slide a piece of mozzarella cheese into each piece of chicken and set aside. Begin heating the frying oil to reach 335F.
- To fry: gently roll a stuffed chicken tender in the coconut flour, followed by the beaten egg, then the crushed puffs. *TIP-only add a small amount of the cheddar puff dust to the dish at a time to prevent caking.
- Once each of the tenders are coated, gently drop one at a time into the hot oil and fry until the tender floats to the top. Serve hot.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 stuffed tender
Net Carbs: 2g