26 Gluten-Free Snacks to Satisfy Your Sweet and Salty Cravings
You know, you handled this transition to gluten-free pretty well. Not to toot your own horn but, toot! toot! You swapped your sandwich wraps for salads. You switched your dinner pasta bowl for zucchini noodles. The one area of your life left to conquer? Snacks. And finding a stockpile of gluten-free snacks is no easy feat.
Or is it?
When you stop to think about it, many of your favorite snacks are already gluten-free. Chips and salsa? Gluten-free. Hummus and cherry tomatoes? Also gluten-free. Homemade trail mix? One more time for the people in the back, it’s gluten-free.
In fact, going gluten-free doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite snacks. Today, there are plenty of gluten-free — and grain-free — alternatives for your favorite way to munch. Don’t believe it? Peruse our Instagram page and you’ll find a few of our gluten-free brand buddies you’ll want to check out.
Wait, what’s that? You want more? Well, as long as you’re sticking with us we might as well introduce you to some of our favorite gluten-free snack ideas (and gluten-free brands) below.
10 Gluten-Free Snacks That Were Always Gluten-Free
When you need gluten-free snack ideas, you can’t go wrong with these classics that should satisfy all of your crunch, crackle, and pop cravings.
- Hummus with celery and carrot sticks
- Avocado wrapped in prosciutto
- Celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins
- Tortilla chips and guacamole
- Homemade trail mix with cashews, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate chips
- Fresh fruit slices and almond butter
- Cucumber slices, cream cheese, and smoked salmon
- Plantain chips and buffalo dip
- Fresh veggie slices and baba ganoush
- Refried black bean dip and tostones (fried plantains)
10 Gluten-Free Savory Snacks From Some of Our Favorite Brands
When it comes to the law of gluten-free attraction, we fell hard for a few brands. Check out these gluten-free snack ideas from some of our best brand buddies — all of which will satisfy your salty, crunchy cravings.
- Pork King Good pork rinds: If you’re a former chip-o-holic who’s struggling to find chip brands that are certified gluten-free, you might enjoy these pork rinds from Pork King Good instead. (We sure did).
- Vegan Rob’s cauliflower puffs: We’ll dip roasted cauliflower in hummus or pesto just about any day of the week, but it’s sort of lacking in the crunch department. Fortunately, these cauliflower puffs help satisfy those crunchy cravings. Spoiler alert: Vegan Rob also figured out how to “puff” asparagus, beets, and Brussels sprouts.
- Simple Mills crackers: If you’re looking for a certified gluten-free cracker, Simple Mills is where it’s at. And while we’re partial to their Farmhouse Cheddar flavor, they also have savory Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil, Fine Ground Sea Salt, and Rosemary & Sea Salt.
- The New Primal beef jerky: Listen, beef jerky is completely underrated. It comes with the three P’s we hold most dear — portable, portion-sized, and packed with protein. Throw one (or two) of New Primal jerky in your purse for when those hunger pangs hit.
- Protes potato chips and popcorn: It doesn’t matter how you dip, Protes chips make the perfect, protein-packed, dippable snack (say that three times fast). Dip them in hummus, guacamole, or salsa for a delectable gluten-free treat.
- Hippeas chickpea puffs: We always thought “puffed” snacks were limited to puffed cereal, but Hippeas proved us wrong. Their chickpea puffs come in semi-addictive flavors including Vegan White Cheddar, Bohemian Barbecue, and Sriracha Sunshine.
- Quinn pretzels: These gluten-free pretzels take just like the “real thing,” packing a lot of crunch in one little bite. Quinn pretzels are made with sorghum, a naturally gluten-free whole grain that just happens to taste amazing.
- Rhythm Superfoods kale chips: When you stop and think about it, a potato — while a starch — is still a vegetable. And therefore, if a potato can be transformed into chips so can any other veggie. We can’t get enough of these kale chips from Rhythm Superfoods, which satisfy all our crunchy cravings.
- Food Should Taste Good chips: We can’t help but love everything Food Should Taste Good creates, but their grain-free sweet potato chips just might be our all-time favorite. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, kosher, and most importantly, provide the most tantalizing crunch.
- Angie's Boom Chickapop popcorn: Popcorn is naturally gluten-free and makes for a healthy snack option. But we just can't resist the number of flavors Angie's Boom Chickapop brings to the table. With varieties like Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn, White Cheddar Popcorn, and Caramel & Cheddar Popcorn, they're making their snacks harder and harder to refuse.
6 Sweet Gluten-Free Snack Brands We Love
In case you haven’t caught on, we’re of the (strong) opinion that snack time is the perfect time for a sweet treat. These trusted brands make healthy gluten-free snacks that taste like dessert, but they come packed with protein, healthy fats, and other nutrients.
- Super Coffee smoothies: What better way to get over your afternoon slump than a caffeinated snack? Build your own smoothie with Super Coffee, a banana, ice cubes, and almond milk combo for a serious pick-me-up.
- Enlightened ice cream: Want a sweet snack idea? Pour yourself a bowl of Enlightened ice cream — it’s only 1 gram of net carbs — and top with crunchy Cocoa Cereal School cereal.
- Fat Snax Cookies: A cookie, really? Hey, don’t judge — Fat Snax chocolate chip cookies are made with almond flour and sweetened with stevia, making these a low-carb, low-sugar snack option.
- Udi's Gluten Free muffins: Udi’s is an OG on the gluten-free scene, making some of the best gluten-free breads, rolls, and muffins around. If you want a grab-n-go snack, keep some of their blueberry muffins in the freezer. When the cravings strike (as they always do), just take one out, heat it up in the microwave, and enjoy.
- Stoka Bar cereal bars: We share quite a few things with Stoka — our love of cereal, and our commitment to being gluten-free, high-protein, and keto. If you’re looking for a certified gluten-free granola bar, this just might be it.
- Fit Joy protein bars: Fit Joy sees things the way we do — they don’t believe that “healthy” and “sweet treats” are mutually exclusive. Their cookie dough, gluten-free brownie protein bars are the stuff dreams are made of, and we just can’t get enough.
Cereal School Satisfies Your Sweet and Crunchy Cravings
As you can tell, we’re pretty big on crunchy and sweet gluten-free snacks. That’s why Cereal School is the gluten-free snack that satisfies both cravings. With flavors like Cocoa, Cinnamon Bun, and Fruity, you’ll feel like you’re snacking on dessert — without the gluten or sugar crash.
And since we know that snack cravings can hit you fast, we packed our cereal snacks in portable grab-n-go bags. Keep them in your purse, desk drawer, or in your gym bag for whenever you get the munchies.
Even better, we deliver straight to your front door. Your order should arrive in 5-7 business days, and shipping is always free. Happy snacking!