Zucchini boats…stuffed with taco and topped with fiery hot puffs?! 😋
Need I say more?
OK. I’ll say a little more.
Actually, I’ll say A LOT more, because these Fiery Hot Taco Zucchini Boats have been ALL the rage in our house lately. If any of you don’t know, Dylan and I are TACO LOVERS.
- 3 Medium to Large Zucchini, cleaned and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 2 tsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis, mild or medium
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 cup Water, if needed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 good shakes Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 bag Schoolyard Snacks Fiery Hot Puffs
- Finely Chopped Cilantro, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare your zucchini by washing thoroughly and slicing in half lengthwise. Using a spoon or melon baller, carefully inner seeded portion of each zucchini half to create a well. Arrange on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes or just until the zucchini begins to soften (not too much).
- While the zucchini bakes, prepare the filling: In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef to the onion and season with the cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat and brown evenly.
- Once the meat is cooked through, add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, hot sauce, and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup water if the mixture seems dry. Let that simmer over medium for 5 minutes then set to low until the zucchini is ready.
- Prepare the fiery hot crunch topping: In a food processor crush one whole bag of Schoolyard Snacks Fiery Hot Puffs. Once the mixture is a nice crumb, add one handful of shredded cheese and pulse a few times to combine. Set aside.
- To fill the boats: Once the zucchini is ready, remove the meat mixture from the heat, add one large handful of shredded cheese and mix. Carefully scoop the taco mixture into each of the cooked zucchini boats, then top each with a generous amount of the crushed cheesy fiery hot puff dust and any remaining shredded cheese.
- Return the zucchini boats to the oven to melt the cheese topping; about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with more puff dust, hot sauce, and chopped cilantro!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Zucchini Boat
Net Carbs: 5g