Love Shrimp. 🦐🦐🦐 (minus the breading) with an extra 🌶️🌶️? Here’s one that’s totally delish, crispy and only 2g net carb. Makes for a perfect appetizer or light meal.
- 9 Raw Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
- 1 pouch Schoolyard Snacks Fiery Hot Puffs
- 1 large Egg
- 1/8th tsp Salt
- Oil, for frying
- Fresh Lime Juice, optional
- Place the coconut flakes and puffs in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is a fine crumb. Set aside
- Set up your dredge station: Add the coconut flour to a shallow dish. Beat the egg in a small bowl, then add a small handful of the fiery hot coconut coating to a large plate.
- Working one at a time, dip the raw shrimp in the beaten egg, then coat in the coconut flour. Return to the egg mixture and then immediately roll in the fiery hot dust and arrange on a tray. Repeat until all of the shrimp have been coated, adding more fiery hot coating a little at a time to prevent caking.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with about 1/8th in of cooking oil. Arrange the shrimp in the hot oil and fry for 1-3 minutes on each side, turning gently. Once the shrimp is cooked through, arrange on a platter and garnish with a spritz of fresh lime juice and serve.
Nutrition Facts:Serving Size: 3 shrimp
Net Carbs: 2g