Got the munchies?! We made a sweet and salty keto snack mix starring our new Apple Pie Cereal that's sure to feed your cravings!
- 4 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Allulose* or ¼ cup Erythritol
- 1 tsp Unsulfured Molasses, optional but recommended
- 1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 bags Apple Pie Cereal
- 2 tbsp Crushed Peanuts
- 2 oz Sugar Free Dark Chocolate, to drizzle
- In a small saucepan over high heat, melt the butter, allulose, and molasses. Once melted, cook for about 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter to combine.
- Once the peanut butter is incorporated and there are no lumps, fold in the cereal one bag at a time.
- Turn out the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and gently spread into a single layer, allowing it to clump and separate naturally.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring frequently. Once completely melted, drizzle over the snack mix and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, then break into pieces and serve. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator.
Makes: 11.5 oz
Serving Size: 1 oz (about two small clusters)
Net Carbs: 2g
*Allulose is a great sweetener for those who are sensitive to the cooling sensation of Erythritol. ½ cup of Allulose contains about 30 calories and 67 grams of fiber. Allulose is not metabolized like glucose and has no impact on blood glucose levels making it keto approved.