It’s no secret that regular fries are a big no no on keto. A regular medium serving steals some 42g net carbs -- but today’s keto-swap is only 1g net carb. Crisply on the outside yet creamy on the inside. Makes for a great side dish or a snack.
- 1 Ripe Avocado, but not too ripe/soft
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 2 bags Schoolyard Snacks Cheddar Puffs
- 1/8 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Heat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- In a small food processor pulse the cheddar puffs until fine dust. Add the seasoning and mix well; transfer to a shallow dish.
- In a separate bowl, add the beaten egg and lemon juice.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the stone and outer skin. Cut into approximately 12 strips or "fries", then working in batches, dip each slice in the egg mixture, followed by the puff dust. *To prevent caking of the coating, only add HALF of the puff dust mixture to the dish. Once you run out, add more of the mixture!
- Arrange on the baking tray and bake until golden brown; about 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Makes 4 servings, Serving Size: 3 fries
Net Carbs: 1g