Time to put yummy onion rings back on the menu for a crispy appetizer or savory snack. It’s a tasty crowd pleaser that won’t throw off your diet because it’s only 4g net carbs.
Makes approx 12-14 onion rings
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 2 bags Schoolyard Snacks Sour Cream and Onion Puffs
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- Heat oven to 400F and place a wire rack on a large baking sheet or line baking sheet with parchment.
- Slice the onion into rings and process the sour cream and onion puffs in a food processor until crumbs.
- Set up your dredging station: one bowl for the beaten eggs, coconut flour, and puff dust. *Only add about 1/3 of the puff dust to the bowl and work in batches to keep the crumbs from getting clumpy!
- Dip the onion rings in coconut flour, then in the beaten egg, and finally coat in the crushed puffs. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown; about 10-15 minutes. These can also be prepared in an airfryer for SUPER crisp rings. Serve immediately!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 3 rings
Makes 4 Servings
Net Carbs: 4g