This one’s just in time for grilling season. Flavorful, high in protein so you stay full for hours and only 1g carb (there’s zero need to be craving cheeseburgers again).
IngredientsFor the burgers
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 16 strips Bacon, no sugar added
- 2 pouches Schoolyard Snacks BBQ Puffs, crushed
- 2 tbsp Whole Milk
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Green leaf lettuce
- Sliced Tomato
- Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- Keto Buns (we got ours at Aldi!)
- Crush the Schoolyard Snacks Barbecue Puffs in a food processor until they are a fine crumb.
- In a large bowl mix the ground beef, puff dust, and milk. Divide into 4 patties and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate while you prepare the bacon weave.
- On a large plate, lay two strips of bacon side by side. Lift the first strip halfway and lay a third strip of bacon over the center horizontally. Then lift the second strip and lay another horizontal strip of bacon.
- Place one of the beef patties on the center of the weave and fold the bacon over the burger. Use a sharp knife to trim any excess bacon so there is just a single layer covering the burger. Save the extras to pan fry for topping. *Too many layers of bacon underneath will keep it from cooking through so trim enough so each piece just meets in the center.
- Repeat with the other three burgers, then grill over medium high heat in a hot skillet for about 4 minutes on each side. Serve with low carb bbq sauce, bbq puffs, and your choice of toppings!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Bacon Burger Patty, without bun or condiments
Net Carbs: 0g