Get ready for some gloriously good family food. This appetizer is a crowd pleaser and easy to turn into quick weeknight dinner. Easy to make. Totally delish at only 3g carbs.
IngredientsMakes about 18 meatballs
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 bags Schoolyard Snacks BBQ Puffs, crushed to fine crumbs
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Milk, 2% or whole
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar Free BBQ Sauce (we used G Hughes!), plus a little water to thin if needed
- In a large bowl, mix all of the meatball ingredients except the barbeque sauce.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of meat and form into a ball, placing on a plate. Repeat with the rest of the meat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook covered for about 5 minutes, then turn each meatball and cook on the other side until browned. You can work in batches here if all of the meatballs don't fit. Just remove the cooked meatballs to a clean plate, while you fry the rest of the batch.
- Once all of the meatballs are cooked through and the internal temperature reads 165F, add all of the meatballs, the bbq sauce, and about 2-4 tablespoons of water to the skillet. Turn to coat in the sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and cook with the lid half on for about 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 3 meatballs
Net Carbs: 3g