Because we all deserve a little treat right now. Get ready to make something that looks and tastes so decadent — without the sugar, or the guilt! With only 4g net carbs, these donut ice cream sandwiches can be made for a celebration, or just a sweet pick-me-up whenever.
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar-Free Sweetener of choice
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup keto cereal of your choice from the Cereal School, crushed
- 1 pint Keto Friendly Ice Cream
- 1-2 pouches Cereal School Cereal
- Sugar Free Sprinkles, optional, to serve
- Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce, optional, to serve
- Heat oven to 375ºF and coat a donut pan with non-stick spray. Whisk together the almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and sweetener. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream until smooth.
- Add to the dry mixture and mix until a thick batter forms. Fold in crushed cereal.
- Spoon the batter into a pastry bag or plastic bag and cut the tip about two inches up for easy donut-pan filling. If the opening doesn't give you a wide enough strip of batter, just cut off a little extra.
- Fill the cavities about ¾ full and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops lightly brown. You should get five donuts from this batter. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.
- Slice each donut and add 1 heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream and a handful of cereal. Top and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Serve with optional chocolate sauce and sprinkles.
Makes: 5 donuts
Serving Size: 1 donut with 1 scoop ice cream
Net Carbs: 4g