IngredientsMakes about 10-12 "cookies"
- 2 bags Schoolyard Snacks Cocoa Cereal, or peanut butter cereal
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Granulated Allulose, erythritol will not work here
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8th teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 oz Low carb Milk Chocolate, chopped
- Crunch up the cereal in the bag using a heavy glass or rolling pin, just to break it up slightly. Add to a large bowl and set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment for later.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once it's completely melted and begins to bubble, add the allulose and stir well, bringing to a simmer. Let the mixture cook for about 5 minutes, then add the heavy cream. Stir frequently and cook for 10 minutes or until it's a deep caramel color. Remove from heat to cool.
- Once the caramel has cooled and started to thicken but is still hot to the touch, add the chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. *We don't want the chocolate to burn from the heat of the caramel but it should be hot enough to melt the chocolate. Let rest until it resembles very soft chocolate caramel, about 5 more minutes.
- Scoop the caramel mixture over the prepared cocoa cereal and carefully stir to coat.
- Portion the cereal onto the prepared baking sheet in about 1/4 to 1/2 cup rounds and allow to cool.*Once they set, we made they perfectly round with a sharp biscuit cutter, but that's not required*
- Let set at room temp or in the fridge until the cookies firm up. Enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Cookie
Net Carbs: 3g