These keto-friendly fudge pops are the perfect treat to crunch into this summer!
Just remember, using too much fat (like heavy whipping cream or whole milk) will make these pops REALLY soft. Smooth and creamy is what we want for keto ice creams, but for popsicles, you'll want something a bit more firm!
Try these with your favorite popsicle molds and get to chillin'. Or if you're in the mood for a shortcut, use your go-to keto store-bought pops and deck them out with a crunchy cereal coating!
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Almond Milk, or milk of choice
- ½ cup Granulated Erythritol
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 oz (¼ cup) Keto-friendly Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/8th tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 pouch Cereal School Cocoa Cereal, crushed
- 3 oz Keto-friendly Milk Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Heat the heavy cream, whole milk, erythritol, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes or until the milk begins to lightly steam. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Lightly dust the xanthan gum into the mixture a little at a time and stir until combined. Add the 1 oz chocolate chips and whisk until melted. Remove from heat and let cool for ten minutes.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 6 hours.
- To dip: combine the melted chocolate, coconut oil, and mix well. Spoon the mixture over the frozen pops and sprinkle with crushed cereal. Repeat until you reach the desired thickness. Freeze to harden for 15 minutes.
- Chef's Tip: Mix up the cereal flavors! Combos ideas could be Peanut Butter Cereal + Peanut Butter drizzle, White Chocolate + Berries Cereal, or Dark Chocolate coating + Cookies and Cream Cereal!
Makes about 10 pops, depending on your moldsServing Size: 1 fudge pop
Total Carbohydrate: 7g
Net Carbs: 3g