Are Cheese Curds Keto Friendly?
Cheese curds are basically the perfect keto food; they are high-fat, moderate-protein, and low-carb.
GREAT NEWS! They just got better because we recreated this appetizer with a kick. You can enjoy added flavor, texture, and even try out some delicious recipes.
These Keto Fiery BBQ Cheese Curds are a fantastically tasty keto friendly appetizer or snack! They are so juicy when you bite into them and the flavor is melt in your mouth good. I’ve experimented with a few different ways to do this recipe. We finally figured it out and you’ll be so happy to enjoy this recipe for a special treat!
Ingredientsmakes approx 40 curds or 8 servings
- 1 bag Schoolyard Snacks BBQ Puffs
- 2 bag Schoolyard Snacks Fiery Hot Puffs
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Coconut Flour
- 10 oz Cheese Curds
- Avocado Oil, to fry
- In a food processor, pulse the BBQ and Fiery Hot Puffs to a fine crumb, then stir in the coconut flour. Portion about half of the mixture in a shallow dish and set aside. *We like to use a small amount of the crumbs to bread the curds to start, then refill as needed. This cuts down on clumping!
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and heavy cream until smooth.
- Add a handful of cheese curds to the egg mixture and toss with a fork to coat. Remove one at a time and gently roll in the puff crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the cheese. Place on a plate and repeat with the remaining curds. Add more curds to the egg as you go and refill the puff crumbs as needed.
- Refrigerate or freeze the coated cheese curds for 30 minutes before frying.
- To Fry: Fill a deep skillet with enough avocado oil to cover 2 inches up the side of the pan. Heat over medium high until the oil reaches about 350F.
- Use a large slotted spoon to drop the curds in the hot oil one at a time and fry for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a paper towel to cool, then repeat with any remaining curds. Serve hot!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: about 5 curds
Net Carbs: 0g