Mozzarella, stuffed crust cravings? There’s zero need to turn down pizza with this new recipe. Healthier than bread dough, low carb and it’s one to turn your tastebuds up a notch (spicy). Yum 😋
IngredientsMakes 6 servings
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Psyllium Husk Powder
- 2/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (from a can)
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive oil, for the pan
- 1 bag Schoolyard Snacks Fiery Hot Cheese Puffs, crushed, plus 1 bag to top
- 2-3 tablespoons Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- 7 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat oven to 400F and line a pizza pan with parchment.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients until combined.
- Add the beaten egg and warm water to the flour mixture, beat with a fork, then and use your clean hands to work the dough into a ball. Let the dough absorb the moisture for about 2 minutes.
- Brush the parchment with 1 tbsp of olive oil, then add the pizza dough; press into a heart shape.
- Using the tines of a fork, pierce the dough all over. You want to cover the dough in tiny "holes" which lets the extra moisture escape.
- Brush the dough with the remaining olive oil and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 7-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Build the pizza with 2-3 tablespoons low carb pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven to bake until the cheese is melted.
- Top with crushed puff dust and whole flaming hot puffs. Serve hot.
Serving Size: 1 hot sliceCalories: 318
Net Carbs: 6g