Get ready to bring back ‘Taco Night’ without the carbs. While a small 6 inch corn tortilla is loaded with 20g net carbs you’ll love how these Flamin’ Hot Taco Shells are just 1g net carb! These are en fuego! 🌶️ Try it con limón 🍋 (plus 5 ways to customize your taco). Enjoy
The Shell Ingredients
- ½ cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese, about 1.5 oz
- 1 pouch Schoolyard Snacks Flaming Hot Puffs
Customize your Tacos!
- Your favorite taco filling
- Diced tomato
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- More Schoolyard Snacks Flaming Hot Puffs
- Heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, crush the flaming hot puffs until they are a fine crumb; about 30 seconds.
- Add the shredded cheese to the food processor and pulse a few times to break up the cheese. It should be a fine mixture
- Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and form into a small circle, pressing the edges in so there are no stray crumbs. Repeat with the remaining crumbs; this should make roughly 3 shells.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, watching for the shells to turn a deep red. Remove from the oven and let sit for ONE minute, then gently peel them from the paper and form into a taco shell. They cool quickly so you’ll want to work fast. Fill with desired fillings and enjoy!
**If your shells harden too quickly, you can microwave them for 5 seconds to soften and reform.
Nutrition FactsMakes approximately 3 Flamin Hot Shells
Serving size: 1 (unfilled) shell
Net Carbs: 1g
Nutrition facts do not include taco fillings.