We’ve seen it before. Thanksgiving dinner is traditionally a high-carb affair. By the next morning some of us get to wondering, ‘How much exercise do I put in to burn it off?’ Good news, here’s one recipe that’ll help you plan ahead. Skip the treadmill and instead enjoy this keto-friendly meal (tasty, packs a kick :hot_pepper: and serves 6 to 8 people).
IngredientsThis method works best on a smaller turkey, though you can adjust the ingredients to fit your turkey size!
- 1 9lb Turkey, cleaned and thawed
- 8 tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2-4 dashes Hot Sauce
- 6-8 bags Schoolyard Snacks Flamin Hot Puffs, varies on turkey size
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter, then stir in a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Pulse your flamin hot puffs in a food processor until a fine crumb and set aside.
- Place your raw turkey in the roasting pan and brush with melted butter mixture. You can pour any remaining butter into the cavity of the turkey and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully press the flamin hot puff crumbs onto the skin of the turkey, working in sections until the entire turkey is covered. You can use a spoon or small spatula to get the sides.
- Cover completely with foil and bake until the turkey reads 165F in multiple places; about 3 hours or more depending on turkey size.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes to crisp the flaming hot coating. Let rest before serving.
Nutrition calculated for a 9 lb turkey, serving 6-8 people