'So delicious just can't stop.' For some of us it's easy to get obsessed with these Mozzarella Sticks... well, with this Keto recipe now you can devour them without the guilt 😋
- 9 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks, cut in half
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 3 bags Flaming Hot Cheese Puffs, Schoolyard Snacks, crushed, 4 tbsp reserved for post-frying
- Oil, for frying
- Set up a dredging station to make your mozzarella sticks: 1 bowl for the beaten eggs, 1 bowl for the coconut flour, and 1 bowl for the flaming hot cheese puffs. TIP: only add a few spoonfuls of crushed puffs to the bowl at a time while you coat the mozzarella sticks. This keeps the mixture dry and clump-free
- Coat each mozzarella stick in the beaten egg, followed by the coconut flour, then the beaten egg again, and a final roll in the crushed flaming hot cheese puffs. Place on a plate and repeat with the remaining mozzarella sticks.
- Freeze the coated mozzarella sticks for 1 hour before frying to help them keep their shape.
- Fill a medium pot with 2 inches of frying oil and turn the heat to medium-high. Once the oil shimmers at a drop of water, add two to three sticks at a time, being careful not to let the coating burn. You can reduce the heat to medium if the centers are not getting done.
- Remove the sticks from the frying oil and coat in the reserved crushed puffs. Repeat with remaining mozzarella sticks. Serve warm.
**Nutrition facts do not include frying oil
Makes approximately 18 mozzarella sticks
Serving size: 3 sticks
Net Carbs: 3g