Fresh off the grill. How about a totally tasty, cheesy classic burger minus the carbs? That’s true. Just 5g carbs for a mouthwatering burger that won’t disappoint (and won’t through your diet into a spiral). Enjoy.
IngredientsMakes about 4 burgers
For the Burgers
- 1 lb Ground Beef, 80/20
- 2 pouches Schoolyard Snacks Sour Cream and Onion Puffs, crushed
- 2 tbsp Whole Milk
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 thick slices Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 large Vidalia Onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter and sliced onions; slow cook for about 10 minutes stirring frequently until onions start to soften. Add the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for 5-10 more minutes or until the onions have caramelized. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, whole milk, onion powder, and crushed puffs and mix well. Form into 4 patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle or grill pan over medium-high heat and cook burgers for about 4-6 minutes, then flip and cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese and let it melt. Remove from the grill and add onions, lettuce, and serve with a side of Schoolyard Snacks Sour Cream and Onion puffs.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 burger with about 1/4th the onions
Net Carbs: 4g