Extra cheese, super delicious without breadcrumbs. Try this 1g net carb recipe next time you’re making dinner. Tender meatballs. Totally keto-friendly.
IngredientsMakes approx 20 meatballs
- 1 lb lean Ground Beef
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2/3 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 bags Schoolyard Snacks Cheddar Puffs, crushed
- Oil, for frying
- Heat oven to 300F and line a sheet pan with foil and fill a medium pot with enough oil to deep fry.
- Crush the puffs in a food processor until a a fine dust. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1 egg, salt, pepper, shredded cheese, and milk; mix well. Add about 4 tablespoons of the crushed puffs and gently fold to combine.
- Set up a dredging station with 1 beaten egg in one bowl and the remaining puff dust in another. Roll about 1 tablespoon of meat into a ball and dip in the egg to coat, then roll in the cheddar puff dust, gently pressing the coating into the meatball. Repeat with remaining meat.
- Bring the fry oil to 350F and fry in batches, 3 meatballs at a time, until golden; about 1 minute. Lay on a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Arrange fried meatballs on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve hot with keto marinara or fresh salsa!
Serving size 2 meatballs
Net Carbs: 1g
Nutrition facts do not include frying oil as it varies! This only affects calorie and fat counts, not carb counts.