Say goodbye to biscuit cravings because these are only 3g net carb. Makes for a yummy side dish or a tasty snack that’ll keep you on track.
IngredientsMakes about 5-6 biscuits
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 bag Schoolyard Snacks Jalapeno Cheddar Puffs, crushed to dust
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Finely Diced Jalapeno, optional
- 5 tbsp Salted Butter, chilled
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- Heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, chop the jalapeno cheddar puffs until they are a fine crumb. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the almond flour, puff dust, shredded cheese, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour mix; use a fork (or clean hands) to work the butter into the flour mixture until it is soft and no large lumps of butter are left.
- Add the beaten egg and heavy cream and mix to combine, then fold in the diced jalapeno. Work the dough with your hands to make this process easier!
- Grab a lump of dough with your fingers about 2.5 inches wide and place it on the tray, but do not flatten. Repeat with the remaining dough; about 5-6 biscuits total. The more imperfect and bumpy they look, the better.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden on the outside. Move to a cooling rack and enjoy warm with extra butter.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Biscuit (nutrition facts calculated for 6 small biscuits)
Net Carbs: 3g