Ready for fireworks? Here’s the perfect companion to your weekend 4th of July plans. One totally delish recipe the whole family will enjoy -- plus, at only 3g net carb a slice you satisfy that sweet tooth while staying on track.
IngredientsFor the Crust
- 3 bags Schoolyard Snacks Peanut Butter Cereal
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Erythritol
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 8 oz block Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Powdered Erythritol, divided
- 1 pouch Unflavored Gelatin, approx. .25 oz
- 1 box Sugar-Free Strawberry Gelatin, .3 oz
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 1/2 cups Cold Water
- 10 oz Frozen Unsweetened Strawberries, thawed and sliced
- Heat oven to 350 and coat a square glass baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Start by preparing the crust: In a food processor, crush the cereal until it looks sandy. In a large bowl, mix the crushed cereal, almond flour, salt, and sweetener until combined. Pour in the melted butter and stir.
- Press the crust mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until it just begins to brown. Let cool while you prep the filling and gelatin.
- For the Filling: In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream and half of the sweetener until it has doubled in size
- In a separate bowl whip the cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining sweetener until smooth. Fold in the prepared whipped cream and spread the mixture over the crust, making sure it goes all the way to the edge to prevent jello leakage. Chill while you prepare the gelatin.
- For the Gelatin: Add both gelatin packets to the boiling water and stir to dissolve. Pour in the cold water and add the sliced thawed strawberries. *The colder they are the faster this sets!* Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
- Once the gelatin is cool, scoop out the berries and add them to the cream cheese layer. Pour the remaining gelatin liquid over the top and refrigerate until set; about 4 hours.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 slice
Makes 16 servings
Net Carbs: 3g