If you’ve never had a scotcheroo, it’s basically a peanut butter cereal bar with butterscotch vibes. It’s super peanut-buttery and creamy with a silky chocolate top. It’s basically carbs on carbs in a pan—except when it’s keto!
In this recipe, the molasses isn’t required but it does help them hold together and gives a deeper flavor. It adds 4g of carbohydrate to the entire recipe, which works out to less than .25 g additional carbohydrates per bar. Meaning: it’s worth it.
- 6 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Allulose* or ¼ cup Erythritol
- 1 tsp Blackstrap Molasses (optional but recommended)
- ½ cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 bags Peanut Butter Cereal
- 4 oz Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil
- In a small saucepan melt the butter, allulose, and blackstrap molasses. Stir in the peanut butter to combine.
- Once the peanut butter is incorporated and there are no lumps, fold in the cereal one bag at a time.
- Press the mixture into a lined 6x6 pan and chill for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring frequently.
- Once completely melted, spread over the cooled bars and let harden. Slice into 16 squares and enjoy!
*Allulose is a great sweetener for those who are sensitive to the cooling sensation of Erythritol. ½ cup of Allulose contains about 30 calories and 67 grams of fiber. Allulose is not metabolized like glucose and has no impact on blood glucose levels making it keto approved.
Makes 16 bars
Serving Size: 1 Bar
Net Carbs: 3g